Carleton Law Group
“Fall in love with the problem and not your solution”
Carleton Law Group is an all-female law firm based in Saint John, NB. They have an incredible history and strong leadership. They were facing some serious changes with an owner-operated business, limited visibility outside of Saint John, and a lack of clarity in their Brand DNA.
How can we disrupt an industry that is constantly failing families and their children by operating on fear and litigation lead hate?
“By identifying the problem, herein lies an opportunity to drastically improve our future”
How can we be THE SOLUTION to ensuring that families are better off going through many life challenges with us as their partner?
By establishing a more transparent process and involving clients as partners, Carleton Law can become the most established and trusted collaborative family law practice in Atlantic Canada. Because of their unwavering commitment to client value, they retain their loyal customers through all life stages.
Brand Relevance & Differentiation
Core Insight – Clients are looking for transparency in the process and an affordable way to get through a significant milestone or period in their life with a partner that they trust. Nobody enjoys trading on dollars as the main currency in a sustainable, longer-term relationship.
Brand Relevance – A kind, caring, empathetic approach to the relationship makes Carleton Law the “non-lawyers” that families are looking for. They are positioned as the trusted advisors who will leave you better than when they found you.
Brand Differentiation – They trade on value and relationship vs. simply billable hours. “Our clients don’t have to watch the clock or wonder if it is okay to call us, we are there for them as partners – money is important but it is secondary to a positive outcome for the family” – Mary Eileen O’Brien
Action Tip: Your team needs to be aware of your vision and your commitment to the process as a leader. They will follow what you do vs. what you say. The more information they have to give them clarity on your vision, the more apt they are to follow with their whole hearts, hands, and minds.
“Action leads to learning and progress. Planning is useless without implementation”
A. Strategic Brand Planning Workshop – Brands & Buckets
- Establish exactly who Carleton Law Group is.
- Establish the Brand Foundation based on a Needs Chain Analysis keeping the consumer’s highest values in mind.
- Establish the optimal brand identity and positioning in the marketplace for optimal success. Always with the consumer at the heart of the decision-making.
B. Optimizing all Marketing Efforts:
- Channel strategy review, which involved prioritizing time spent where the ROI would be best based on consumer attention.
- Lowering overall spend, but maximizing the Marketing Funnel by strategic, targeting marketing execution across all channels – Digital & Traditional.
- Carleton Law outsourced their strategic business development and marketing plan to Action, but their internal team were the experts to execute the plan
Action Tip: Anybody that tells you they know their business better than you should have as many years experience in the same field as you. The experts are in the room, it is a facilitator or good consultant’s job to channel the expertise into the right areas. If an outside firm is telling you what to do or believes they know your business better than you – let them go and hire a different “partner” who can become an extension of your business.
C. Marketing Training, Coaching & Mentoring for the leadership team
Group sessions and one-one sessions with their entire team to teach them how to thrive and survive on their own. This not only leads to a more successful company, but it also allowed each individual within the organization to develop their own personal brands.
Action Tip: Having your staff become an extension of the business but also having a strong personal brand and network is always a solid plan for healthy management of your marketing funnel.
“The joy is always the results”
For client confidentiality, we cannot share specific results.
We can share a few highlights:
- Carleton Law had its most successful year in the last decade through COVID-19, both from a revenue perspective and an EBITA perspective.
- Carleton Law retained almost all of their clients and have completed multiple files for each because of a value-added perspective and solid client services (middle of the funnel marketing).
- Carleton Law graduated 2 new rock star female lawyers who will both be practicing with the firm.
- Carleton Law has now expanded its services from Saint John to also include Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia.
- Carleton Law has a rebranded logo, website, and is very active on multiple social media channels with an over 200% increase in their engaged followers